laanng

Lin and Ben's life blog. Dedicated to any and all interesting happenings about our shared life!


ARGH!!! Cramps!!

I liken myself to a cat in the mornings - I always like to have a stretch before getting out of bed, but being pregnant I now have trained myself to avoid my feline movements at all costs... oh the cramps, the cramps!~!!

Quite often, I would unconsciously stretch in my sleep in the early hours of the morning and a severe cramp unlike any cramp I've ever experienced before would kick in and I'd scream out in pain and bring the walls down... Poor Ben doesn't know what's hit him, startled as he jolts up in bed freaking out at my screams! My calf muscles seize up and I'm totally incapacitated as Ben sympathetically (and sheepishly) tries to massage the pain out through my tears and my incomprehensible words...

This morning, I woke to the mother of all mother of cramps but this time it ran all the way up the back of my leg too. Awesome. It's 4pm and I'm still having trouble walking from the legacy it's left behind.

They say that cramping during pregnancy could be due to iron, magnesium, potassium, salt and/or calcium deficiencies... time to change my diet I think... for the last 5 months, I've been put off by meat (although I'm getting better now) and can't put down bananas. I'm lactose intolerant and my doctor had me on a low-salt diet. All this is probably not helping!!

I'm off to the shops now to buy some bananas, salt & vinegar chips and brazil nuts!

Ahh... add cramps to the ever-growing list of the joys of pregnancy!

Labels:

0 Responses to “ARGH!!! Cramps!!”

Post a Comment



© 2006 laanng | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.